In this lesson, we are going to learn some new vocabulary, different ways to ask questions with “COMMENT” (how) and how to answer these questions.
You will find below some new vocabulary for this lesson. We will get in more details in a future lesson about adjectives in French.
An adjective is a word describing the noun it is attached to. In French, the adjective follow the noun’s gender and number.
|grand||grande||big, tall, large|
|petit||petite||small, short, little|
|beau||belle||beautiful, good looking, handsome|
Please watch the video of this lesson:
Asking a question with “COMMENT”
- The easiest way to make a question with “COMMENT” is as follow. This is also a casual and informal way to ask a question.
- La maison est comment ? (How is the house?)
- L’appartement est comment ? (How is the apartment?)
- Julia est comment ? (How is Julia?)
- Le gâteau est comment ? (How is the cake?)
The answer to this question follow the same pattern as the question:
- The second way is a little more formal and is very similar to English with the inversion of the subject and the verb.
- Comment est l’appartement ?
- Comment est la maison ?
- Comment est la tarte ?
- Comment est-elle ?